Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Today's Dollar General Find

  Today I walked down to Dollar General in the rain to see if they had anything decent. I remember some time last year seeing a Taylor Swift doll there and it was on clearance for $20 or something. I can't remember but it was a deluxe one. Anyway flash forward to today. I was looking at the toys on the top shelf of around the side wall of the store, that is where they keep the expensive toys that kids or might try to steal. Upon looking on the shelf I happened to see a Taylor Swift doll on the shelf with it's price sticker missing from the box. So I asked the lady who works there how much it is. So she goes to the register and rings it up. It came up $5. So I bought it. I went home and took some Goo Gone and cleaned up the sticker residue from the box. I am keeping the Doll in the box because I found out that they are quite collectible and that the maker, Jakks-Pacific does not have the Taylor Swift license anymore so the fetch a pretty penny on eBay. I later found out that the doll originally cost $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment