A few days ago I received a hat from a buddy of mine who forgot he had the had under the seat of his truck. As you might have guessed the buckram was all dented and it looked like the creases in a fedora. So I decided I would fix the hat with the hairdrier trick. Here's what you need to do.
- Take hairdrier and plug it in.
- Turn hairdrier to the highest heat setting.
- Hold the hat upside down so that the crown is facing downward.
- Place the hairdrier inside the crown of the hat for a few minutes so the buckram gets heated up.
- Turn off hairdrier and straighten out the buckram with your fingers. Make sure you don't get the buckram too hot to touch
- Keep molding the buckram back to it's normal shape of the crown of the hat.
- If the buckram is still dented up redo the hairdrier trick a few more times and repeat the steps.