Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Weird Jungle Book Adaptation

  Many years ago, I remember going over to my nephews house and watching an obscure The Jungle Book VHS tape. My oldest nephew is 1 year younger than me by the way. Anyway I vaguely remember this VHS tape but I only remembered fragments of it. I remembered a Seaplane and a baby wandering through the jungle and getting his clothes torn on a branch. So I saw that new trailer for the Live Action adaptation of Disney's The Jungle Book and immediately had a flashback of this obscure VHS tape.
  So last night I decided to put this to rest. I immediately had a case of the late night Google's. So after a half hour of searching for this VHS Tape, I came across an obscure Anime called  Jungle Book Shōnen Mowgli. Now this series came out in 1989 and lasted until 1990 and had 52 episodes. Now this series was released on VHS in individual episodes which makes sense since I remember the VHS tape I watched with my Nephew was only the first episode and we never saw part 2. So I decided to check out the first episode on YouTube and it all came back to me. It had the Seaplane like I remembered and had the baby getting his clothes ripped off on  a branch. Yep this was it. I could bet my change jar on it.

3 comments:

  1. I remember that too. Btw, I always enjoyed the moment when Mowgli gets his clothes torn. There's something cute. I cut it from the episode, just for the images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u92IN7XLBsI that is the part you spoke of, when the baby rips his clothes

    ReplyDelete