Friday, January 20, 2017

Raiders of The Lost Garage Episode 1

  I'll be periodically blogging about my cleaning up and organizing all of my Father's tools in the garage. My mom doesn't approve of me going through the garage and pillaging it. I'm just trying to consolodate all of the tools my father used to hoard.
   Many years ago when my Father had his appliance repair business he used to buy Snap-On Tools. Now you probably know that Snap-On Tools are not cheap at all. They are a quality made tool that is backed by a lifetime guarantee. However long story short when my older brother acquired the my father's business after my dad had his heart attack, my brother's work truck was broken into and the thieves stole 95% of the Snap-On tools that my dad had bought in the 80s. Snap-On doesn't replace stolen tools if you don't know so if someone steals yours you're shit out of luck there.
   My dad had a handfull of Snap-On Tools left over that somehow never went to my brother when he took over the business and now I ended up with them. It's still an ongoing process sorting out the many tool boxes in the garage to organize into the tool chest. I thought I had accumulated all what was left of them. So I thought. Today as I was consolidating some tool boxes I looked on the one shelf and I spotted what looked like a hole punch tool. I picked it up and upon closer inspection of it I noticed it said Blue-Point Kenosha Wisconson Made in USA on it. If you don't know already, Blue-Point is a brand of tool made by Snap-On that also has their lifetime warranty. I had no idea what this tool exactly was until I went on the computer and typed in the model number: CF-71 upon my search results came up that they are a Spark Plug Gapping Plier tool. now Snap-On no longer makes this type of tool and in case you are wondering what happens to your lifetime warranty, Snap-On will give you a modern equivalent no questions asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment