Thursday, April 23, 2020

I Miss Thrift Store Shopping

  With this COVID-19 Pandemic going on, there's one thing that I miss doing. Since non life sustaining businesses are closed, that means thrift stores have to be closed. This sucks big time. I now can buy stuff from thrift stores again but I can't. Wait a second, if I can now buy stuff at thrift stores again, but now I can't, that doesn't make sense since they are all closed right?
  Well on Ash Wednesday which is the beginning of Lent, I went to The Salvation Army to take a look around, I didn't buy anything that day. However it gave me an idea of what to give up for Lent. By not buying anything that day, I decided to not buy anything from thrift stores for lent. So when the governor shut down all of the non essential businesses due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I kinda got to fulfill my Lenten promise. I'm not going to get religious here. But I made a sacrifice and actually succeeded with my promise of not buying anything from a thrift store for Lent. However it was partially successful due to the shutdown of non essential businesses. Before the shutdown I would still pop into thrift stores to test myself.
  There were times I would go in and see a bunch of stuff that I liked and wanted to buy. One day I was in the other thrift store and saw a bunch of hats that I loved and wanted to buy. One of those hats was a Jeep hat. However I stuck to my promise and refused to buy the hats. I'm kinda glad I was able to stick to my plan of not buying anything. My wallet felt fatter.
  However since Lent is now over, I want to start shopping at thrift stores again. I'm absolutely positively 100% ready to start buying stuff from thrift stores. Just before the order to shut down the non essential businesses I remember the 25% off color tag that was for the week. There was one item that was that color tag. So next week that 25% off color tag would have been 50% off. I don't know how I remember the color tags before the shutdown but somehow I did. Weird right?
  I just want this Coronavirus to go the Hell away already. We are all sick of being cooped up in our houses. I seriously can't wait for this pandemic to end so I can go thrift store shopping again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment