Thursday, October 6, 2011

ToyWiz.com Is A Rip Off

  I collect action figures, and Hot Wheels cars, and Lego. Whenever I am shopping online for WWE action figures I tend to shop around the internet before I make my decision. There is one website however, that is insane for their prices. Any guesses to which website it is? If you guessed ToyWiz.com, then you get the good noodle star. If you guessed some other site, you don't get the good noodle star.
  For instance, when I started collecting WWE figures earlier this year, I found Kelly Kelly at Kohls for I believe $14 or $15. It was somewhere in that price range. She also was the second Diva figure that I bought. She is an ultra rare figure. Anyway, I checked ToyWiz to see what their price was for her. It was $64.99, not including shipping. WTF? $64.99 for a Diva figure are you kidding me? That price was a couple of months ago. It has since gone up to $79.99. In my opinion ToyWiz is nothing more than a scalper site if you ask me. I never buy anything from there because of their prices.
  Back in 2006, when the movie Cars came out, ToyWiz was the place to go online to get these cars, in regarding selection. If you couldn't find it in stores, you had a better chance of getting it there. I remember looking at the cars to see what they were charging for a single car when I was in my junior year of high school. ToyWiz also sells custom painted Cars diecast. I still wouldn't buy them.
  This brings me to the next part of my rant, the Jakks-Pacific foam Pokeballs. Now these foam Pokeballs are made out of foam, and they are painted like Pokeballs from the Pokemon games, such as the Ultra Ball and the Master Ball. I will add that they don't open up. I collect the Johto Edition Pokeballs from the Gold&Silver and Crystal games. These foam Pokeballs should not retail for over $3. Here's a prime example of ToyWiz being a scalper site again. Take the Heavy Ball, a Pokeball from the Johto edition series, ToyWiz wants $19.99 not including shipping. That is a $18 markup for crying out loud! Do you see what is wrong here?
  This brings me to my final complaint with ToyWiz's prices, Lego. I have the Lego Batcave. I got it when it first came out. Anway ToyWiz wants $999.99 for it. According to ToyWiz, they just sold the last one and they are trying to restock it. If I am not mistaken this set cost $90 back in 2006. I know Lego Batman didn't last very long so it's a popular item. Why did they have to charge almost 100% markup? I don't care because I already own it. Is it really necessary to charge $999.99 for a 5 year old Lego set? Ethically the answer is no. I hate scalpers. I really do. I name another Lego example on ToyWiz, another Batman set,  Batman's Buggy: Escape of Mr. Freeze for $324.99. That set back in 2008 cost $10. I am not going to bitch anymore on Lego prices on ToyWiz.
  So if you like scalper websites, ToyWiz is your perfect match. The prices are so ridiculous, and out of control, that I'm surprised that they don't go out of business because of their high prices. I swear that I will never buy from this site ever. I really do promise that. I am a smart collector, and a smart collector knows where to buy things from. So if you are looking for action figures or toys in general, STAY AWAY from ToyWiz.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment