Monday, November 28, 2011

5 Things I Collect

  I collect many different things. In fact there are too many things that I collect. Really there is. To tell you how bad this is, since Black Friday, I have acquired 4 new hats for my collection, and a diecast NASCAR. So yeah I do have an extreme collection of many things.
My Favorite Car Key
  1. Car Keys. How did I get into collecting car keys? Well to my best knowledge, I started collecting car keys when my sister gave my dad her old 1991 Subaru Loyale wagon. In the car there were a bunch of junk keys that she was about to throw out, and she gave them to me instead, one of those keys was an old worn out Mitsubishi key for one of her old cars. I believe it was the one that caught on fire. I'm not really sure but I am certain it is. Anyway after that day I became obsessed with car keys. When my grandfather was still living and no longer driving anymore, I noticed he had old gold Cadillac keys, and I asked him for them and he said yes. They were for his Cadillac that was stolen, I also have keys for my mom's 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera, and other cars my family has owned.
  2. Trucker hats. Here is another thing I collect. Again I don't know how I got started collecting them. I believe it was after watching the movie Days of Thunder, seeing all of the old NASCAR trucker hats that the driver's used to wear. So I have many friends who are truckers who I meet and they give me hats because they know I collect them, Especially the ones who drive for my employer who I will not mention. to give you the jest of how many hats I own, I have a Rubbermaid bin full of hats, Two shelves in my closet full of hats stacked on top of one another, an old Circuit City handbasket full of hats and an old coke crate with some hats. As a friend of mine says, You only have one head and you can only wear one at a time.
  3. Hot Wheels cars. Well I have been collecting them since I was a little kid. So since I was born 22 years ago you can guess around there. I have tons of cars loose and mint. The majority are loose. The ones that are mint are my Trea$ure Hunt cars and TV and movie cars and some rare cars in between. I also have a respectable NASCAR diecast collection with cars both loose and mint. I have many 48 car carriers and they take up 3 bottom shelves and counting. This is one that will never be finished.
  4. WWE Action figures. I used to have a few Jakks ones when I was around 8-9 years old. I foolishly gave them away. Now in the Mattel days, I have a bigger collection than my Jakks ones. I started collecting again in January of 2011, after a friend told me about the SVR games and how the Create a Wrestler feature is pretty good. I bought SVR 2010 to make a Lady Gaga CAW and was hooked on WWE games and was hooked on them. How this connects to WWE Action figures, is one day I was in Kmart on my lunch when I saw a basic series 8 Maryse figure and I bought it, thinking I would make a custom Lady Gaga action figure with it, my friend said don't do that and I didn't. So that's how I got into WWE action figures.
  5. Score Soundtracks. Well If I hadn't got into Nine Inch Nails because of my friend, I wouldn't have bought the Oscar winning soundtrack, The Social Network by the man behind Nine Inch Nails, Trent Reznor and his associate Atticus Ross. After buying the Social Network soundtrack, I bought other score soundtracks such as ones from the Batman movies, and The Brave Little Toaster and The Stupids just to name a few. They are way better than Various Artists soundtracks although I own the Oh Brother Where Art Though soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment