Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Do Not Call List is a Joke

  Hey everybody, it's rant time again. I haven't ranted on this blog in ages. I can't think of the last time I did so on hand. This got me thinking over the past few days that the Do Not Call List is a joke. Why is it a joke? Well for one reason it has a major loophole. That loophole my friends is Charities. That's right instead of telemarketers not being able to call you while on the DNC List, charities are exempt from it. 
  So basically every day we get harassed by freaking charities asking for donations. And it is beginning to tick everyone in my house off. I'm the one who gets ticked off the most. So basically the clowns in congress had dun goof'd when they created the DNC list by letting charities be exempt from the list. Now I believe that that is very unfair to to people who are registered on the DNC list because they still get harassed by charities instead of telemarketers. It's like their positions switched places or something of the sorts.
  I think that the clowns in congress need to fix this loophole to make our lives easier so charities cannot call and solicit donations. I don't trust any of these charities who call anyway. They just seem so shady to me. Something doesn't add up with them. Maybe it's because I never heard of them before or don't know much about them. So if you want to make these charities to stop calling you, you should complain to your congressmen or the FCC who governs the DNC list oddly enough. Or you can do what comedian Tom Mabe does by pranking a telemarketer.

No comments:

Post a Comment