Friday, May 30, 2014

Bending A New Era 59Fifty

  Back in 2009 I won a custom New Era 59Fifty snapback hat designed by famous graffiti artist Claw Money in the Mountain Dew Green Label gear promotion. Anyway I kept the hat with a flat brim and with the original sticker on it until now. I had been contemplating whether I should bend the brim or not and to take the shiny sticker off.
  Well after many years of contemplating, I finally decided to bend the brim and remove the sticker. I rarely wore the hat because the flat brim actually hurt my head. No really It did so I avoided buying flat brimmed New Era hats. 59Fifty hats are meant to be bent. So take the freaking sticker off and bend the brim. It won't damage the hat at all. The fashion police aren't going to come to your door and arrest you for bending the flat brim and removing the sticker.
   I have seen a few people who have bought 59Fifty's and bent the brim and removed the sticker. I saw a person at work who had on what looked like a 59Fifty with a bent brim. I asked him if that was originally a flat brimmed hat. He said it was and I would never wear the hat like my son has his flat. I was proud of that man for bending the brim on his 59Fifty. I know another person who has two of them from different Minor League teams, guess what he bent the brim and took the sticker off of his hats as well. Those two people I saw with bent 59Fifty's aren't thug gangsta's. They bent their hat's like a respectable baseball player does.
   In fact the official on field hat of the MLB and MiLB is the New Era 59Fifty. Now 99.9% of the players bend the brims slightly or bend it fully. Having a bent brim blocks the sun out of your eyes. Having a flat brim, doesn't help that much. There are a handful of players who don't bend their brims, and they look like a poser from the hood.
  So in the end you can bend the brim on a 59Fifty hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment