Saturday, July 11, 2015

Things That Grind My Gears Number 1: Hot Topic's Clearance Sales.

    I haven't blogged since last year, so it got me thinking that I should be blogging again. One of the things that really grinds my gears is Hot Topic's clearance sales. That's right, the 50% off all clearance T-shirts. Whenever I go into a Hot Topic when they have this sale, it's always a jumbled up mess. Literally it's a real pain in the butt to go looking for a clearance T-Shirt? Why is that?
  Well for starters, all of the clearance T-Shirts are thrown into cardboard boxes that are not categorized into size. So everytime I go into Hot Topic looking for lets say a WWE T-shirt on clearance, I have to dig into an unorganized cardboard box to look for a T-shirt that they may or may not have if any that are in my size. It's really frustrating to look for T-shirts in this manner.
  This brings me to my second part of my complaint, the sizes. Is it me or is it that Hot Topic's clearance sales for their T-shirts, always seem to have too many smalls? I buy my T-shirts in a size XL because that way when I wash them they will shrink up so they'll still fit me anyway. I'm usually a large. I think that Hot Topic buys way too many size small T-shirts, because that's what 99.999% of the sizes are that are on the 50% off clearance sale. Really when I do find a shirt that I like, it unfortunately is a size small.
   It pisses me off every single time they have one of these sales. Sometimes you're better off buying on of the wristbands when they are 50% off. I got my Nine Inch Nails wristband and my NECA Lone Ranger badge that way. Why pay $15 for a replica prop badge from a box office bomb, when you can pay $7 for it?  Yeah sometimes their clearance sales can get you a good deal if you can get to the sale early enough I guess. WWE shirts seem to go really fast when they are on clearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment