Wednesday, May 30, 2018

My Final Toys R Us Purchase.

  Today was a bittersweet day for me. I made my last Toys R Us purchase. I was pondering what kind of toy that purchase would end up being. It was a toss up between a WWE figure, Hot Wheels car or some type of action figure. Well for starters Toys R Us barely had any Hot Wheels cars for that matter. They had a handful but they were all of the same car. Nothing worth getting. They didn't have any Monster Jam 1:64's or new basic Matchbox cars with the exception of the few Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom cars. So buying a diecast was out of the question.
  Now the WWE figure selection was awful. There were a few sporadic figures from 2017's Elite 41 wave. I have all of the flashback figures from that set, so there wasn't a reason to buy any figures. If you wanted a WWE fashion doll, TRU has tons of them. They can't give those away no matter how much they are on clearance for.
  I've been pondering what will happen with all of those unsold WWE Fashion Dolls once Toys R Us goes out of business. Will they end up at Ollies or Five Below, or Big Lots? Who knows for sure. However the WWE Fashion Doll line was a complete failure that really warmed the shelves like crazy. I think Toys R Us overestimated this line thinking it would be a success. It's a huge flop.
  Anyway since it wasn't a Hot Wheels car or WWE figure, I turned my attention to another action figure line, Once Upon a Time. I love ABC's Once Upon a Time. I'm a bit upset that it ended after 7 seasons. It ran it's course. So I decided that I would buy an Emma Swan action figure. Normally this figure is $25. However I was in luck and It was 50% off. So I thought it would be a perfect closure to an end of an era, Once Upon a Time gets cancelled and Toys R Us goes out of business. It was the last purchase I'll ever make at Toys R Us. Thanks for the memories Toys R Us. You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment