Friday, June 1, 2018

Today's interesting Thrifting adventure.

 I went to the independent thrift store today to look around and it paid off. I went to look at the hats today to see if there was anything new. I was in luck there was some new hats. In today's assortment of hats they had 2 Hummer unstructured hats. One was green and the later was black. You don't run across Hummer merchandise too often. So for $0.95 I couldn't pass up the black hat for my car company hat collection. I collect hats from different car companies. So I was lacking a Hummer hat for a long time. You see when GM discontinued Hummer they never put any of the official licensed Hummer merchandise on clearance unlike what they did for Saturn. Years ago I wanted to buy a Hummer Trucker hat, It was $20. This was during GM's restructuring when they received the government bailout. I couldn't pull the trigger on a $20 Trucker hat. I ended up paying $0.95 for the Hummer hat. I couldn't complain.
The Glass that I saw.
  Next I ventured a few feet from the hat rack to look at the glassware. I can't buy anymore glassware from thrift stores. We currently have no need for more glassware. I love seeing beer glasses with company logos on them at thrift stores. You tend to see a lot of different beer branded glassware. I guess people get them for free and donate them. Most of the glassware like that almost always look brand new. I did see an old Terry Labonte Slim Jim Beer mug. However it was $3.95. Too much for my price point.
  I then spotted a Marlboro Adventure Team duffel bag for $4.95. I picked it up and inspected it for a second. I didn't bother to open it up. It was too small for my taste. I wonder how many packs of cigarettes somebody had to smoke in order to send away for that?
  I then ventured off to look at the CD selection to see if they had anything good. I've had decent luck when it comes to finding good CD's here. In the past I've found a ton of film score CD's. In fact the other day I stopped by this thrift store for a quick second and found a Jan Lewan CD. You may have heard of Jan Lewan because they made a movie about his Ponzi Scheme called The Polka King starring Jack Black. You may not know this but Jan Lewan lived here in Hazleton, PA. He no longer lives here in PA. In fact the CD I bought titled Jan Lewan and His Orchestra was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Polka Album in 1995. However Jan Lewan lost out to Walter Ostanek Band that year.
  So today I hit big on CD's again. Today I spotted a 2 disc deluxe edition that I have been on the lookout for. It was Beyonce B-Day 2 disc Deluxe edition. Not bad for $0.50. I looked forever for that at the local record store for that deluxe edition for years and I only ever seen the single disc version. So I checked the 2 discs for scratches and didn't see any. I checked the CD's again and spotted Ashley Tisdale's debut album Headstrong. As usual I checked the disc for any scratches. I was in luck, there wasn't any scratches. However I did have to wipe them down with eyeglass cleaner spray.
  So I did good today, I only paid $2 for all three things. Not too shabby in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment