Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Another Great Vintage Hat Haul

  I had a brief moment to stop in The Salvation Army yesterday. I had low hopes of finding anything good on a Monday. However it was like I died and went to Heaven. You see, I love vintage trucker hats. I love them when they are from the 1980s and early 90s. Yesterday The Salvation Army put out a ton of brand new deadstock trucker hats. If you don't know what deadstock means, I'll explain. Deadstock means it is a vintage new and unworn item of clothing. New Old Stock, you get the picture.
The 2 Snap-on Hats pictured with a Snap-on truck bank

  I didn't have a lot of time to look around the whole store. I just managed to check out all of the vintage hats. There were 3 different Marlboro hats. They were $1.99 each. There was one Marlboro Team Penske IndyCar hat that was really dusty but still new. There was a few hats that were a bit dusty. It wasn't worth going home and trying to brush off the hats. However most of the hats were $0.99 each so that was great. So as I rummaged through the hats, I found 3 that really interested me. 2 of the hats were Snap-on Tools hats probably from the 1980s. Judging by the Snap-on logo on the 2 hats was a dead giveaway that they were from the late 80s. I love Snap-on tools. I love collecting anything associated with them. Finding 2 unworn Snap-on hats from the 80s for $0.99 each made me really happy.
  One Snap-on hat was a mesh hat. The second hat was a full foam hat with a patch that said America's Best Snap-on. I was amazed at the condition of the 2 Snap-on hats. Since they both had foam crowns, and given their age, none of the foam was falling out of the hats. You have to watch out when you buy vintage hats with foam crowns that the foam isn't rotting out of it. I once bought a mesh hat where that happened. If they weren't stored properly you are going to have a major problem.
  The third and final hat was a brand new unworn AutoZone trucker hat. It still had the barcode under the brim! I used to have that same AutoZone hat when I was a little boy. I can't recall what exactly happened to it. I was glad to see one again so i had to have it for nostalgic purposes. I could have gone overboard buying up all of the vintage hats but I showed some restraint and only spent $2.97 total.

No comments:

Post a Comment