Monday, August 13, 2018

The Best $6 Hot Wheels Haul

 I was lucky enough to be able to get to the local weekly farmers market today. I rarely get a chance to go up there because of how hectic our schedule is. I usually allocate $10 to spend on cars. So today I only spent $6. There is one particular seller that I always buy from. Today I bought a lot of loose cars from him. He gave me a deal at $0.50 each for the loose cars. Two of those loose cars were ex-Corgi castings. As I posted before, I love ex-Corgi castings. I'm on a mission to track them all down. Finding 2 Fire Eater II and Flame Stopper II was a shock. I've been looking for those 2 fire trucks for years. Now I have them to add to my ex-Corgi castings collection. Buying Flame Stopper II and Fire Eater II brought my ex-Corgi collection up to 16 cars. The hunt will still ensure for a good while.
  In addition to the 2 ex-Corgi cars, I bought a 1977 Blackwall Letter Getter. I already had a Letter Getter in my collection but it is in really rough shape. The fact that I found one that was in near perfect condition for $0.50 was a steal. I bought another blackwall Pontiac J2000, a Pontiac Fiero 2M4, a 1995 Model Series Dodge Ram 1500. I also bought a third blackwall, Minitrek from 1981. I bought that one because it is allegedly based on a Toyota Chinook camper but it is an unlicensed casting.
  Now out of the whole batch of cars that I had purchased, only 2 of them were MOC. Back in 2012, I bought the First Edition Bentley Continental Supersports. However the one that I originally bought was severely defective. It had very poor quality control where the windshield was loose and you could push it down. The car had black streaks on the white paint. The car looked like it scraped the wall at Daytona. I don't know why I never bothered to get it replaced right away in 2012. I guess it wasn't really necessary. So when I was at the Farmers Market, I immediately spotted the First Edition Bentley that I needed to replace. So all of those cars came to $5 from my favorite seller.
  The final $1 that I spent on car was a 1996 First Editions Ford Mustang GT. I already have this car in my collection but it was the blue one that came with the McDonald's playset. I try to collect all of the licensed First Editions cars if I can find them. Hot Wheels had retired this Mustang GT in the Final Run Series back in 2003 so it's a shame they no longer make this car. In the long run this $6 may be the best $6 that I have ever spent on Hot Wheels cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment