Monday, March 21, 2011

Score Soundtracks Vs. Various Artists Soundtracks

When I go on my hour lunch break, I walk over to the music store and immediately look at the used soundtracks first. I collect score soundtracks because they are fun to collect. Now what is exactly the point of a song soundtrack? Well on the album art they say that it is Music inspired by the movie usually by various artists. I hate soundtracks that are not scores with the exception of Oh Brother Where Art Thou. Well the soundtracks that have music that is "inspired" by the movie, usually doesn't have anything related to the film at all. How is the music inspired by the movie? This makes no sense because I wouldn't be inspired to write a song after a movie.
What is the point to this?
Best score ever period.
  Score soundtracks on the other hand are harder to find than album soundtracks. I love score soundtracks because they make better sense than an album soundtrack. The only time a song is Ok on the Score soundtrack is when it is the theme from the movie. Also in my opinion is that scores will always beat songs that are inspired by the movie. I mean could you imagine if they released various artists soundtrack alongside Trent Reznor's Oscar winning score for The Social Network. It would suck. The score sets the mood of the movie not a song that is inspired by it. So Various Artist soundtracks are trash and they will never beat score soundtracks ever. The score maybe harder to find than the various artist soundtracks but they are a better investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment