Monday, April 4, 2011

What I Found in the Dollar Store Again

     Today I went to the Dollar store with my mom. While mom was looking at birthday cards, I decided to look at the books. Upon looking at the books that nobody seems to care about, I spotted a book that made me laugh hysterically. The book was titled How to Survive Bird Flu. Does anyone even remember the Bird Flu? I think that we have all forgotten about that. Anyway Seeing a book about surviving a major epidemic seems to be ironic that a what I like to call a "Fad Scare" book.
     To me this book is more of a joke like a book on how to survive the Y2K bug if anyone still even remembers that. Books that are written to scare someone into actually buying a book on surviving the Bird Flu are just get rich quick schemes. This isn't the 1950s where we should be scared of a Soviet nuclear attack. You see in 1918 when there was a flu epidemic this book would have sold like hotcakes. Now when you publish a book on how to survive the Bird Flu nobody gives a hoot about it, and you sell like maybe 5 copies. I wasn't going to waste my hard earned Dollar plus 6% PA sales tax on a 80 page book on a dead topic. See nobody cares about the bird flu epidemic anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment