Monday, April 25, 2011

I Hate Auto-Tune

  One of the things that gives me a headache is Auto-Tune. And if you're thinking that it might be a tumor. It's not a tumor. It's not a tumor at all. It's the fact that Auto-Tune is overused and it makes me want to vomit. Here's why I want to go back in time and stop the person from inventing this garbage.
  1. It is misused. Ok Auto-Tune is overused a lot by many of today's artists. The purpose of Auto-Tune is pitch correction, for when you sing out of tune, it corrects your vocal pitch to sound correctly. Many artists think that they are cool by using this to enhance their voice for their songs. When artists use Autotune to distort their vocals it makes their music even worse.
  2. Rebecca Black. You probably know who Rebecca Black is by know. Her music video for her song Friday is a perfect example of how Auto-Tune is overused. I will also add the fact that her video has more dislikes than likes on YouTube. Rebecca Black is the reason why Auto-Tune should be banned. She overused Auto-Tune in her song. For the record I disliked the video myself. I think that this song should be used for torture uses in Guantanamo Bay. This song will make the prisoners hang themselves. I guarantee it.
  3. Rappers. Another pet peeve of mine is that terrible rappers who are already terrible to begin with use Auto-Tune. Why do they need to enhance their vocals when their songs are already terrible? It doesn't make the song any better. As a matter of fact this is one of the reasons I don't care for rap that much to begin with. Artists like the Black Eyed Peas are a good example of this. If you wasted your time watching the god awful halftime show for the 2011 Superbowl, you'll see what I mean. Without Auto-Tune they couldn't sing to save their lives. I do have one of their CD's, although I rarely listen to it because I'll get an Auto-Tune Headache. Another artist I can't stand is T-Pain, he overuses this garbage also.
  What Can You Do To Stop Auto-Tune? Complain to your congressman or senator and tell them that Auto-Tune is Ruining Music. They Might just make an amendment to the US Constitution that will ban Auto-Tune. Or you can stop buying albums of artists that use Auto-Tune to tell them that they should stop using Auto-Tune. They might learn a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment