Friday, February 3, 2012

The Fresh Beat Band: Music from the Hit TV Show Review

The album art.
  Today I am going to review another CD. It's something that I have never done a review of before. I will be reviewing The Fresh Beat Band: Music from the Hit TV Show. It is the soundtrack for the hit TV show on Nickelodeon called The Fresh Beat Band which is the only decent non animated show on their former Nick Jr block. I'm 22 years old and I have to admit this show is interesting.
  Where to begin. To start off the CD has 20 tracks. 19 of those songs are from the TV show itself. Track 20 is bonus track not from the TV show called Bubble Guppies. Why this was included is beyond me. This track is out of place on my behalf. That is the soundtrack's only flaw. The soundtrack opens with the show's theme song titled The Fresh Beat Band Theme and ends with Great Day which is the show's closing theme. All the songs are very catchy and upbeat. From an adult standpoint, the songs can be nauseous and can have a Gitmo torture playlist feeling to it. Even though I am not the shows target audience I was very impressed with the CD.This should have been released when the show came out. I don't know why there was a delay till now.
  The overall length of this soundtrack is 40:20. It goes pretty fast considering that the average length of the songs are 2 minutes.
Track Listing.
  1. 1. Fresh Beat Band Theme
  2. 2. Here We Go
  3. 3. A Friend Like You
  4. Just Like a Rockstar 
  5. Reach For The Sky
  6. I Can Do Anything
  7. Bananas 
  8. Music (Keeps Me Moovin')
  9. Good Times
  10. Loco Legs
  11. Get Up and Go Go
  12. Another Perfect Day
  13. Shine
  14. Stomp the House
  15. Surprise Yourself
  16. We're Unstoppable 
  17. Friends Give Friends a Hand
  18. Freeze Dance
  19. Great Day
  20. Sun, Beautiful Sun *(Bonus Track from The Bubble Guppies)
  Overall I give this a 9 out of 10 stars because of track number 20 not being on the TV show. You can buy the CD or download it from Amazon.com or other Big Box stores now. 

1 comment:

  1. We just started watching this show because it streams on Netflix. My eldest is a 3 year old girl that loves singing/dancing. Before this show, it’s only been PBS kids or Blue’s Clues, oh and Tangled in our home…I’m excited to have a fun show with real people (ie not a cartoon) I’m hoping they completely avoid ‘teen’ topics…so far so good. I’m not ready to go down that road, and won’t be for a long time!

    ReplyDelete