Thursday, July 5, 2018

Another Great Vintage Thrift Store Find

  I love shopping at thrift stores. I am kind of semi retired from buying unnecessary items such as jackets and different clothing to test my shop scissors on. I do pop in thrift stores quite often enough to see a lot of interesting items.
  Yesterday I decided to venture to The Salvation Army. I didn't get a chance to get there on Wednesday so I decided to go on Saturday. My week was really busy so I didn't have time to go until Saturday. So I go inside to immediately look at the hats that they have. I like to see if they have anything new or interesting when it comes to hats. So I walk to the men's dept and look at the hat shelf and I immediately spotted a vintage US Mail winter hat. Yikes! This has got to be too good to be true. So I grabbed the hat and checked the price. It was $0.99! Well I know what I'm getting.
  I was dead set on getting this vintage hat. I needed it badly. So I looked around at other various things and saw some more hats for sale but they weren't worth getting. So I passed on them. I went to the basement section to look at the various stuff they had for sale there. I spotted a wicker shotgun thingy that was unusual. I didn't check the price but it was really strange to see that. I looked at the appliance shelf to see if that vintage check writer machine was still there. To my surprise it was still there. I wonder how long that will rot on the shelf. I have a vintage check writer that I found in my attic so I have no need for the one at The Salvation Army.
  So I ventured back to the main floor and purchased my US Mail hat. I did really good on buying this hat. I checked to see what people want for hats like this on eBay and they want $30+ for a hat like this. Some things that I have noticed about this hat is that it was made by Some's Uniforms in Paramus, NJ. The hat is also Union made by the United Hatters, Cap and Millinery Workers International Union, a defunct union. I'm not a big fan of Unions but I have to admit that this hat is cool. It's really a great piece to my Made in the USA hat collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment