Sunday, September 1, 2019

A Super Saturday

  I love collecting Hot Wheels cars. Well to be exact diecast in general. So yesterday I decided to venture off to the Dollar Tree nearest my house. I didn't expect to find anything good. My two local Dollar Tree's rarely restock Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. The last time they restocked Hot Wheels cars was months ago. The exact date, I cannot remember when. So about my day and how I ended up at Dollar Tree.
  On Saturday there was a thrift store that was having a 50% off everything sale for Labor Day. They always have a 50% sale before a major holiday. I ran into my mom's friend there. I see her shopping there a lot. I looked around and was contemplating buying a Ford Mustang coffee mug for work since I work at a Ford dealership. However I decided not to buy it. I don't feel like lugging it to the parts room and risk getting broken. So I walked out empty handed. I've haven't been buying as much as I used to at thrift stores anymore since I am working again. I only have time to check them twice a week if I can get around to it. I mostly have been buying CD's or DVD's when I go to thrift stores. I haven't been seeing any good hats at The Salvation Army in a while. What's up with that?
The Lamborghini Aventador J Super Treasure Hunt
  I went to The Salvation Army later that day to look for new hats. They had nothing. It's been dry for the past few weeks. So I ventured to the Dollar General to see what they had for Hot Wheels cars. There has been reports of some Dollar General's stocking international short carded Hot Wheels cars. I haven't seen short cards since Walmart had them in the checkout lanes years ago. I've been finding Super Treasure Hunt cars at Dollar General. However they had short carded cars, but no Super Treasure Hunt cars.
  The final venture on my hunt was Dollar Tree. I didn't expect to find anything good since the last few times I've checked there they had nothing. I almost didn't stop in Dollar Tree but I gave it a shot. So I made a beeline to the toy section and to my surprise they restocked both Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. Like a madman, I searched the pegs for anything good. At first it appeared to be nothing good since I already had the first editions from that I already had. I was about to give up when I checked the second to bottom peg and saw a Lamborghini Aventador J Super Treasure Hunt Car behind a few cars.
  This marks the 6th well 5th 2019 Super Treasure Hunt I found this year. The real fifth one that I found was a Street Creeper Super Treasure Hunt, but I traded it for a Pizza Planet Truck. I don't really care for the Hot Wheels Original Designs cars so I had little attachment for it. I still can't believe I found it. I have 30 Super Treasure Hunt cars hanging on my wall. All found in the wild. I can't wait to find more.

No comments:

Post a Comment