Thursday, February 3, 2011

Suing For Stupid Stuff

 A few years ago there was a man named Caesar Barber who unsuccessfully sued McDonald's, Burger King, KFC and Wendy's because the food he ate there every day made him fat. Seriously this man was joking. because what America needs right now is another asinine lawsuit. It's not like Ronald McDonald and the Burger King held this man at gunpoint and said eat here or you will suffer the consequences. People are stupid. Just because you eat at fast food restaurants every day make them liable for making you fat.

  Now say if i trip and fall in my new pair of size 13 shoes and scrape my knee. I want to sue Nike for making shoes that are in the unlucky shoe size 13. Therefore since I was wearing size 13 Nike shoes and fell. I can say that because the shoes were in size 13 they made me an unlucky person and I fell on the sidewalk and got a boo boo on my knee. Where is the common sense here? 
  Back in 1994 an old lady sued McDonald's because she spilled hot coffee on her lap suffered 3rd degree burns. Now if I am not mistaken isn't coffee supposed to be served hot? Correct me if I am wrong but maybe this old lady came from Bizarro Earth where coffee is served cold. Anyway this grandma got less than $600k in damages. Common Sense Is dead and no one cares. I do care.
   Here is another made up example. Everyone knows the old disclaimer product Actual colors may vary. Can I sue for bait and switch and false advertising. I bought the new toy Batmobile and on the box it showed the interior to have black seats. I opened the box only to find out it has blue seats. Hey that's false advertising Bucko. I'm gonna sue for ass off because my Batmobile doesn't have black seats and you lied to the consumer. Just because they used the prototype photos doesn't mean that they are the ones you are going to get. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment