Saturday, April 21, 2012

5 Movies That Need a Anamorphic Widescreen Release

  The other day I was thinking about some DVDs that never got a proper anamorphic widescreen release. If you own an HDTV and you have an older DVD that is non anamorphic, meaning it won't expand out to your screen, you only get bars all around the picture. So here is my list of movies that need it really bad.
  1. Home Alone 2. There is an anamorphic Blu-Ray of this on the market now but DVD wise there is only a non anamorphic version out. I have a Blu Ray Player so I'll pick up the BD version around Christmastime. 
  2. The Game. The Game had gotten a HD DVD release but that is now a dead format. It needs a proper BD release and Anamorphic DVD release.
  3. Escape From Alcatraz. This had a non anamorphic DVD release when DVD first came out and it's time for a proper anamorphic release.
  4. Destroy All Monsters. All USA DVD releases of this classic Godzilla movie were all non anamorphic and need a proper anamorphic release.
  5. Day's of Thunder. Another one of the first DVD's released was you guessed it non anamorphic. Anyway I have the Blu Ray so I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment