Saturday, December 22, 2018

I Finally Got A Team Issued NASCAR Hat

  If you are a NASCAR fan like me, you probably own some racing hats. Unfortunately today, not all hats are available to the public. Years ago if a driver had a certain hat, they sold such hats. Today drivers don't just have one sponsor for the whole season, some have multiple sponsors that alternate during the season. So these other sponsors usually don't have hats made up for the fans to buy. They are usually team issued. Which means they are only given out to employees of a race team.
My Team issued hat.
  Now I am a fan of Michael Annett. I love his TMC Transportation sponsored car. Michael Annett's father, Harold Annett, owns TMC Transportation. However as you may have guessed, JR Motorsports doesn't sell TMC Transportation racing hats. I've been trying to track a TMC Transportation racing hat for a while now. They hardly ever come up for sale. A few days ago I was browsing eBay and I saw a Michael Annett TMC Transportation, Darlington throwback hat. I've seen this hat on eBay before and it was a whopping $32.99. I wasn't going to pay $32.99 for a team issued hat. To my surprise the hat was 40% off making the hat $19.79! At 40% off I could finally pull the trigger and buy the hat.
  Team issued hats can be expensive on eBay. You have to check often to see what pops up from time to time. I've seen Chip Ganassi Racing 5.11 Tactical hats go for as much as a brand new 59Fifty fitted goes for. I like mesh hats but there is no way I would spend $35 on a trucker hat. So this hat is one of my Christmas presents from my Aunt. She gave me a $50 MasterCard gift card for Christmas.  So I will be buying more stuff on eBay with the gift card. I'm done on the team issued hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment