Thursday, December 6, 2018

I Found my 22nd Super Treasure Hunt car Today

 I collect Hot Wheels Cars. That's a given. Pretty much every collector is hungry for a Super Treasure Hunt car. You're lucky if you only find one in your lifetime. You're even luckier if you find 22 of them in your lifetime. Best part is I never bought one online. I found every single one of my Super Treasure Hunt cars in a store. The only one I never found in a store was the 2001 Panoz LMP that I bought at the Farmer's Market for $1. The seller had no idea what he even had.
My 22nd Super Treasure Hunt Car
 So today I had a huge trash bag full of store bags that had been sitting around my house for what seemed like an eternity. Mom told me to take them to Walmart to place them in their plastic bag recycling bin. Not a problem at all. As with every trip to Walmart, there has to be a trip to the toy dept. That's a given. So I went to the diecast section and noticed that they must have freshly stocked a new case of Hot Wheels cars, seeing the pegs filled up with a 2019 A-Case.
  I searched the pegs looking for the Super Treasure Hunt 90 Honda Civic EF. This particular Super Treasure Hunt Car is really hard to spot. This car blends right in with the regular version. You need to pay attention to the detail of any white 90 Honda Civic EF from the 2019 lineup for the Super Treasure Hunt. So how hard is it to tell apart the Super from the basic? Well for one, they are almost painted identically. It doesn't help that they are also both painted white. While the Super is painted in a pearl white color, it's still hard to spot.  One thing that sets them apart is the wheels. All Super Treasure Hunt cars have Real Rider rubber tires. If you aren't sure just check the wheels on the Civic.
  So I was so happy when I did a double check and saw 2 90 Honda Civic EF's. One was the regular and the other was a Super. I couldn't believe it. I found my 22nd Super! I went to purchase the car in the Automotive section. I later went home and placed it in a Car Keeper protector and hung it on my wall with the rest of my Super Treasure Hunt cars. So far I found 4 this year. I found 2 from 2017, 1 from 2018, and the first of 2019. I hope to find more next year or sooner. The hunt will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment