Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Mom And Music Torture

Today I Officially went back to school for the Spring semester at Luzerne County Community College in Nanticoke PA. So instead of listening to the radio on the way up to school, I decided to put The Book Of Eli score by Atticus Ross in the CD player in the Subaru Outback. Now my mom likes some of the CDs I play in the car and some she doesn't like, such as Lady Gaga's EP The Fame Monster, which she says is crude, and that is the censored copy. I have the Australian import of The Fame Monster where the lyrics are uncensored. Anyway back to the Book of Eli score. Since this was an instrumental, I thought for sure my mom would like it since i put in The Social Network score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, and she liked it. Well I was dead wrong today, my mother did not like The Book of Eli score because it was too noisy. Too noisy my ass. It was ambient/ industrial music. If you want to know what is effective music torture look up the Chicago soundtrack. I bought my mom the Chicago Soundtrack for Christmas because she absolutely loved the music from the musical Chicago. This is an effective form of torture by music because the songs lyrics are so catchy that they get stuck in your head all of the time. Last night at work I couldn't stop but sing in my head the song Razzle Dazzle from Chicago. My mom was having the same problem last night when she was trying to say her prayers, Razzle Dazzle was stuck in her head. One day I put in Animal by Ke$ha in the car and my mother liked it, but when We R Who We R comes on the radio my mother hates it. I guess my mother just can't get with the times.

No comments:

Post a Comment