Thursday, January 27, 2011

UPS Mail Innovations Sucks

   Last Thursday I ordered a Mickie James figure from mattelshop.com and they shipped it via UPS Mail Innovations. Its been a week since the item shipped and I still haven't got it. This shipping service is a piece of shit and I really mean it. If the toy was shipped via regular UPS it would have got here by now.
   Lets reference Animaniacs for a second. Remember those Good Idea Bad Idea segments? Well this is one of those. Good Idea, shipping a package through USPS. Bad Idea, letting UPS ship the package through the USPS. I never heard of this bullshit shipping service before so I was curious to find out more about this UPS Mail Innovations. So I Googled UPS Mail Innovations and found out they have real shitty reviews. I really mean shitty.
   In September I ordered a T-shirt from a website, It was shipped via FedEx Smartpost. I am going to do a comparison here between UPS and FedEx's mail services. With FedEx I got my T-shirt in a week. With UPS it's been a week and I still haven't got it. If FedEx is faster than UPS, wouldn't UPS try to be faster?

Well that answer is no in my opinion. Because mail is not really a priority to UPS. If I was waiting for a heart for a transplant and it was being shipped UPS Mail Innovations I would be dead by now.
  Another problem with this service is the tracking info. Since I work part time and go to college part time, I have time on my hands to track a package. Although most people don't have time to do so. They shipped the package on the Friday the 21st of January. and the tracking info wasn't updated from that time since until Tuesday the 26th. When I get something shipped via regular UPS tracking info is updated constantly. This is ironic since UPS is the largest courier service. You would think that they would be consistent with all of their parcels being shipped.
   If I could sue them for every day that I suffer without my Mickie James Diva figure. I just want my darn figure already.

2 comments:

  1. Mail Innovations is the worst service I have seen. Slow, unaccountable, non transparent, disconnected, un-helpful, not timely, and can't tell me where my 7oz package is or has been for the last two weeks during it's 200 mile journey. If you plan on buying something be sure the shipper does not use this service or you will regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speed is not a priority for this company. It's all about saving shippers cash and they do that by cutting every legal corner possible. Anyone who touches the mail is outsourced/temp staff paid abysmally, no company benefits except what the temp agencies offer and theft is a ridiculous problem all over. They are driven purely by their $/lb. figures and production quotas and keep things deliberately loose like that so they can shift blame on staffing agencies or local courier services if things go wrong and demand concessions from THEM, thus saving even more money.

    If stolen mail is not the issue, it's negligently missorted mail causing delivery delays. Again, bottom dollar temps are not concerned with performing well, just showing up and looking busy. At the end of my time there (a story unto itself), my facility was getting dinged by the USPS for f*cking up sorts twice a week on average.

    So let your retailers know exactly how you feel. They are definitely more interested in keeping customers than they are saving on shipping.

    ReplyDelete