Monday, January 31, 2011

Fullscreen Sucks

 Yesterday after I got home from work and finished studying, I turned on the TV and caught a movie called Evelyn. It was presented in fullscreen instead of widescreen. Now what really annoyed me was that me being a fan of widescreen, I realized how bad fullscreen really is. In the movie there was a scene where they were driving. In that scene the driver was talking but all you saw was the passenger listening and talking. Seriously? This is exactly why fullscreen sucks you LOSE picture, hence the screen before the film, This film has been modified from its original version, it has been formatted to fit this screen. Now in 2011 this should be an obsolete phrase because a majority of Americans now own Widescreen TV's. However I do own a widescreen TV, but my parents were watching it in the living room. So I have to go up to my attic and watch my 4:3 RCA TV. That really doesn't bother me. what bothers me is that 99.9% of all new TV shows and Channels have switched to the Widescreen picture format. Now if they show a 16x9 TV show don't you think that they would show a widescreen movie?
   So at the commercial break, I went on IMDB to see what the film's aspect ratio was. It was 2.35:1. It looked horrible in fullscreen. So I turned on NBC to see what was on and they were showing National Treasure 2 Book of Secrets in Fullscreen. Why do they show it in fullscreen if all of NBC's Shows are in widescreen. So I put Evelyn back on and finished watching it. So the moral of the story is Fullscreen is Bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment