Friday, June 28, 2013

The Nigerian Lottery

  One of the things that makes me laugh is none other than the Nigerian Lottery scam. I can't believe that people are so gullible to this scam. If you have ever received an email saying that you just won X amount of millions of dollars in the Nigerian Lottery, saying in order to receive your money you have to send a certain amount of money and your bank account information.
How can you be this stupid?
  Now first off there is no such thing as a Nigerian Lottery. Nigeria does not have a lottery that I know of off hand. What I can tell you is that people are so stupid thinking that they actually won money in a foreign lottery. Secondly how can people fall for this crap when they know that they never entered in such a lottery.
  I was in the post office the other day to send out a package to my cousin's newborn son when I happened to see a pamphlet about Foreign Lottery Scams and how they can ruin your life, finances, and etc. Well I couldn't help but laugh at that pamphlet because I am smarter than the people who fall for the 419 scam.
Elderly People are most of the victims
  Wait what is a 419 scam? Well a 419 scam refers to the section of the crimes code 419 which is about lottery scams. So Nigerian Lottery/419 scam is the same thing essentially. Now where was I? Oh yes the
Nigerian Lottery. Most people who fall for this nonsense is elderly people because they are the most gullible people to fall victim to scams. It's a fact elderly people are more likely to let a total stranger walk in to their house to "Buy Antiques" and then later come back at night and rob them of their valuables.
  If it sounds too good to be true then it usually is. If you are suspicious of a Nigerian Lottery scam, check out Snopes.com that website lists email scams and debunks internet hoaxes and Urban Legends. I highly recommend that website it's worth your while.

No comments:

Post a Comment