Monday, August 1, 2011

Top 8 Discontinued Cereals I Want Brought Back

    Every time I get to like a new cereal, it usually ends up being discontinued. I was on the internet today looking at peanut butter cereals and trying to find an answer to why Peanut Butter Toast Crunch was discontinued. Alas, I couldn't find an actual answer to why it was discontinued. But nevertheless here are the top 8 discontinued cereals I want brought back.
    8.  French Toast Crunch. Here is a great cereal from my childhood. I remember when this first came out. It actually had the cereal shaped like pieces of toast. Then General Mills had to go ruin a good thing by changing the shape of the cereal by making it look more like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Then in 2006 it was discontinued. Ironically French Toast Crunch is still sold in Canada. I don't live in Canada so I can't get the cereal. 
    7. Urkel-Os. This is one of those short lived cereals that I never got to taste because I was a too little to remember it. From my understanding Urkel-Os was a fruit flavored cereal that was based on Steve Urkel from Family Matters. Urkel was a cool character that stole the show, but his cereal failed big time. 
Oh Look A Toy Inside!!
    6. Tony's Cinnamon Krunchers. Now here was a great cereal with a good idea unfortunately it got discontinued also. If I remember the slogan correctly, the cereal's cinnamon flavoring wouldn't wash off in milk unlike Frosted Flakes which also had Tony the Tiger on the box. It was a good idea, but the it doesn't wash off in milk should have been applied to Frosted Flakes, because when you add milk to them, they turn into Corn Flakes.
Crunch Bustin' Fruit Flavor!!!
   5. Ghostbusters Cereal. Here's a great cereal that I was too young to remember. In fact it came out before I was born. So It was before my time. Ghostbusters Cereal makes my list because it is such a kick ass cereal. Who wouldn't want to bust ghosts while eating breakfast. Movie themed cereals never last but, I wish this would've. I wonder if the marshmallows were made by Stay Puft.
    4. Chocolate Honeycomb. Here is an apparently discontinued cereal made by Post. It is a chocolate variation of Honeycomb cereal. I remember when this was a test product, because a family friend gave us a box of this stuff, and I liked it. But every time I look for this cereal, it isn't on the shelf. This stuff was good and I loved it.
    3. Post Oreo O's. Here is one of the best cereals from my childhood. As you can see the cereal is Oreo themed. Oreo O's had chocolate O's and marshmallow pieces to simulate the cookie and filling that actual Oreo's had. I had a lot of fun times at breakfast eating this cereal. I'll never forget that this cereal made your teeth black from eating them. So RIP Post Oreo O's 1998-2007. This is still sold in South Korea interestingly enough, but I don't live there. Damn It.
    2. Mr. T Cereal. This one really doesn't need to be explained that much. It is Mr. T's own Cereal. I wasn't born when this came out, but I can tell you that it did actually exist. That is no joke, to prove that Mr. T Cereal appeared in Pee Wee's Big Adventure where Pee Wee Herman did a lame Mr. T impression. So Mr. T Pities the fool who doesn't eat his cereal. From What I understand, Mr. T cereal tasted like Cap'n Crunch for those of us who don't know.
    1. Peanut Butter Toast Crunch. Well we made it to number one on my list. Peanut Butter Toast Crunch was a peanut butter flavored variation of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. This cereal was amazing. It was like a peanut butter orgy in your mouth. It was a peanut butter lovers dream come true. But sadly it was discontinued. Why do all of the peanut butter cereals get discontinued? Why? This was by far my favorite cereal ever. I don't care for Reese's Puffs anymore and that is peanut butter flavored. General Mills Dun Goof'd up again.

1 comment:

  1. Check this out [54 Cereals We Loved and Lost - A Tribute]: http://www.urlesque.com/2011/03/02/54-vintage-cereals/

    ReplyDelete