Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Chevron Cars Wendy Wagon Review.

  I recently bought The Chevron Cars Wendy Wagon on Amazon.com because there aren't any Chevron gas stations in Pennsylvania. Wendy Wagon was the second Chevron Car that was released in a series. She was originally released in 1997 along with Sam Sedan and Tony Turbo.  Also in 1997 Wendy Wagon was in a Chevron with Techron commercial done in Claymation by Aardman Animations. Now Wendy Wagon is not my first Chevron Car that I own. My first one is Brent Blizzard. I bought him on a trip to Arizona back in November of 2006 when I went to visit my Brother and his family.
Wendy Wagon and her box.
  Now Wendy Wagon is well, a green station wagon, as her last name implies. Wendy Wagon has a black roof rack, and black side view mirrors that actually work. Wendy's wheels are a silver metallic color, with real rubber tires. Now to compare Wendy Wagon with Brent Blizzard, Brent has plastic wheels and tires. Like all Chevron Cars, their rear license plate says Techron. Wendy has green eyes with blue eyelids. Her eye movement is her eyes blink when you push the car down and push her. Wendy's two front doors open also. Her hood also opens up just like she does in the commercial when she shows off her engine when talking about Techron.
  The box art for Wendy Wagon is just like her commercial. On one side of the box, she is parked next to the gates of a school with a soccer ball in front of her, the one that bounced off of her in the commercial and you see the child peeking up over the schoolyard wall whose soccer ball hit Wendy. The front of the box is a cropped picture of the sides. Overall this is a very cool toy especially if you are a station wagon enthusiast like myself. For an adult collector this toy may seem babyish to other adults.  If you are contemplating buying her don't let the babyish factor scare you, they make great conversation pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Now Wendy Wagon is not my first Chevron Car that I own. My first one is Brent Blizzard. I bought him on a trip to Arizona back in November of 2006 when I went to visit my Brother and his family Yamaha Specs

    ReplyDelete