Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dollar Tree's No Refund Policy

  If you have ever shopped at Dollar Tree, you probably thought that you would never even need to return your purchase. Well if you have, you can't get your lousy Dollar back. I know what you're probably thinking. Why in the hell would I want to return something for $1? It's a measly $1. Well Apparently Dollar Tree states their policy here. "So that we may continue to provide you extreme value for $1.00 when shopping at one of our retail stores, we reserve the right to limit quantities, do not offer refunds, and consider all sales final. We will gladly exchange any unopened item with the original receipt, however, we do not offer exchanges on seasonal merchandise." On behalf of my opinion that is complete baloney. Not only are they cheating us out of our $1 or whatever the total maybe, but chances are that we don't want to exchange our item, we just want our damn dollar back.
  Seriously I'm surprised that Dollar Tree hasn't been sued over this No Refund Policy. Here is a made up scenario. If I bought lets say 100 flashlights at their store, and then I found out that the flashlight giveaway, I was in charge of getting those 100 flashlights for had been canceled at the last minute. I then go to Dollar Tree with 100 flashlights and demand my $100 back because we don't need them anymore. The employee or manager says you can exchange it for any item in the store. Well it turns out that I don't want any item in the store for exchange. I want my $100 back. Now I am stuck with $100 worth of flashlights, and out of $100. Now I believe you can file a lawsuit in small claims court to get your $100 back.  I am not a lawyer, so I don't know what your chances of success will be if  you do sue them in small claims court.
  Most of the items in Dollar Tree are junk, and are not worth returning, such as toy soldiers, greeting cards. I guess the message that they are trying to send to us is that is you were foolish enough to spend that dollar on a crappy item, and now your stuck with it. Ha Jokes on You. I have a job and can afford to spend a dollar here or there. But I am pointing out how stupid this policy is. It's ridiculous. So spread the word on how stupid and redundant this policy is.

No comments:

Post a Comment