Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 Hess Toy Truck and Race Car Review

  Yesterday at out annual Day After Christmas Party/dinner, I got the 2011 Hess Truck from my Aunt. This years truck is one of the best ones ever. I really mean it. It really is. Let's start out with the truck shall we. The truck is in the colors green and white and the truck is a rollback. The truck makes different sounds than the previous trucks in the past. It has a different sounding horn, engine start up noise, realistic backup warning, and the coolest feature, the sound of the loading ramp when you pull it down to load the race car and push the ramp back into the truck. The light features are the same. You have your all lights on position, flashers position and your lights off setting all on one switch. Now the one part of the truck that is interesting is the shocks and springs on the wheel wells on the truck so you can give the truck a realistic bounce while playing with it.
  Now on to the race car. The race car that comes with the truck is a stock car. Like the truck the race car is colored in green and white. For the first time ever on a Hess truck is Hess Express on the trunk of the race car.  Also the race car has an unusual design on the windshield and side windows, windshield wipers and two nets so the driver can get into the car. Actual stock cars don't have two nets or windshield wipers. This isn't a criticism in anyway, I'm pointing out something funny. Onto the lights and sound. Underneath the race car is a switch that turns on the lights including the headlights which ironically real stock cars do not have. To activate the sounds on the race car, there is a green button located where the gas cap is and you press it and it makes engine revving noises and the lights flash. The race car has a pullback friction motor.
  Overall I think that the truck is more fun than the race car. I highly recommend this toy. 2 C batteries are included.

1 comment:

  1. I admire the color of these toy cars. Green is my favorite color. My nephew would love this as a gift this holiday season. You've helped me decide which one to buy. I prefer the truck. :-)

    ReplyDelete