Saturday, December 17, 2011

I Hate Fragrance Commercials

  It's that time of year again when our TVs get bombarded with fragrance commercials. Why do I hate them, well to be honest even though they are seasonal, they show more fragrance ads in a commercial block than they do show ads for Sleepy's, Progressive, Geico, and any other car insurance company. I don't get the silence that the actors and actresses have in fragrance ads. Why are they silent for 98% of the commercial until at the very end say the name of the fragrance? To be honest, I can't actually give you the answer on that one. If I knew it I would give it to you in a heartbeat. Why do fragrance companies think that perfumes and colognes will make good holiday gifts? It's probably to give your boyfriend/girlfriend a last minute gift when you were either too busy working or too lazy to go shopping for their holiday gift.
  These commercials are so stupid to the point of ad nauseum that you want to get a gun and shoot your plasma TV. I mean I could get a nosebleed from seeing all of these pesky fragrance commercials. You see so many of these darn ads to the point that you want to hide in the fetal position in a corner somewhere in your house and suck your thumb until the holiday rush is over. Seeing fragrance commercials left and right during the holiday season is just one of the many pains of the holiday season.
  However there are some positive commercials that you only get to see around the holiday season, ads for the Clapper, Chia Pet, and the CLR log. We all look forward to seeing that old lady at the end of the Clapper commercial because it is so funny. I don't know why people are attracted to the old lady in the Clapper commercial, I can tell you that I am one of her fans.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Justin, it's me, Ethan. Just saying Hi! Please reply to my blog.

    ReplyDelete