Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Top Five Movies That Defined My Childhood

  I've been thinking of what my next blog post should be for a couple of days now. I have finally come to the conclusion of what the topic will be. The top 5 movies that defined my childhood.
  1. The Brave Little Toaster. Anyone who has grown up in the late 1980s to the early 1990s has heard or seen this 1987 film. I wont go into detail about the film, but I'll give you a brief synopsis. The movie is about 5 appliances that are left behind in a cabin in the woods, who go out into the world to find their master. They also talk and come alive when no human is around. 
  2. A Goofy Movie. Now I remember my mom taking me and my nephew to see this movie in the theater when it came out. Ever since that, I love this movie. Not to mention that this movie introduced me to what would be my favorite car, the AMC Pacer, the car that Goofy drives in the movie. This movie has memorable songs, and is a fun road trip movie about a father and son bonding together.
  3. Far From Home The Adventures of Yellow Dog. I love survival movies. They are one of my favorite genre of movies. Anyway this movie also caused a fascination of mine, the CH-113 Labrador and the CC-115 Buffalo, which are Canadian Forces search and rescue aircraft. Anyway the movie is about a boy and his you guessed it, a labrador retriever survive a sea storm and get stranded in the Canadian wilderness and have to survive until they are found.
  4. Baby's Day Out. Ok there is one Plinkett review that I totally disagree on and it is his Baby's Day Out review. This movie is like Home Alone with a baby with the Three Stooges which makes the movie hilarious. Many people hate this movie for some reason, but I however love this movie.
  5. Fire & Rescue. Ok this isn't really a movie per say. It is a straight to video release about being a firefighter set to music. It features fire departments from Trenton NJ to others in Conneticut and some other New England states. I still watch it several times a year just for fun. I've seen it so many times that I can recite the dialogue by heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment