Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Story of Homer the Dalmatian

Homer 
  Today I thought I would write a post about something that was very special to me, my old Dalmatian, Homer. Back in September of 2004 I was a freshman in high school and it had been about 2 years since my Basset Hound died from cancer. So a friend of my sister in law found this Dalmatian walking alongside the road, and she had the door open, the Dalmatian was so scared that he jumped into her car with her children. So they took him to their house and and named him Buddy. Unfortunately for them, their landlord said that they cannot keep the dog. So she asked my sister in law if she knows anyone who would like the dog. So my sister in law asked my mom about the dog. So Mom asked me if I liked Dalmatians. I told her yes. So we went to the house to see the Dalmatian. I went to see the dog and put out my hand for him to sniff. The moment I laid eyes on him I said can we keep him? He was an older Dalmatian with a cropped tail. Mom Said yes and we took Buddy home. My older brother named him Homer which I wouldn't have thought of  at all.
Homer Catching a Milk Bone Not Photoshopped 
  Homer was a treat loving dog. He had arthritis and would squeak in pain if you hugged him or put your hand on his back when he was laying down. He loved to play fetch. He would play fetch for about a year until we moved up to my current house, when arthritis wouldn't let him play anymore. We had Homer until 2008 when he sadly passed away from cancer of the lymph nodes. RIP Homer ????-2008

No comments:

Post a Comment