Friday, May 25, 2012

Why Mattel Build A Figure's Suck

  If you collect WWE action figures, you probably know that there is a Michael Cole build a figure promotion going on at Toys R Us only. Each Best of PPV figure comes with parts to build the Michael Cole figure. John Cena comes with the Arms, Triple H comes with the Torso, Daniel Bryan comes with the Head and jacket, and Bret Hart comes with the Legs and Pelvis. Now why does this promotion suck? Well to start, Mattel has horrible distribution when it comes to stores. Some stores get some waves of figures when others don't get the same waves. What sucks is that Mattel has overpacked John Cena once again. The King of the Shelfwarmers, The guy who claims you cant see him, and who can overcome the odds. Well In all my Trips to TRU I happened to only see John Cena multiple times and Daniel Bryan once. I didn't buy the John Cena because I had purchased the Arms and torso with a Loose Tommy Dreamer figure from a fellow wfigs.proboards member, the same guy who I bought the Hurricane from. Anyway I have never seen the Triple H figure or the Bret Hart figure, so Luckily another fellow member on wfigs.proboards.com had the legs and would give them to me if I only paid for shipping. I gave him an offer of $5 and he accepted the offer and I should be receiving them in a week or less. So now I don't have to set foot in TRU for a while. Also Many people who are trying to complete their Michael Cole will probably end up with a legless Cole for the rest of their lives unless they resort to a scalper, paying $50 or more for one, or if they just want a completed Michael Cole, they could shell out $80 or more on eBay. Build a Figures are a major pain in the neck to collectors. They are frustrating and can put a dent in your wallet. Not to mention that the price for a BoPPV Elite has risen from $20.99 to, $24.99 at TRU, talk about scalping.

No comments:

Post a Comment