Friday, May 4, 2012

A Vintage Thrift Store Find

Fox Body Mustang
  Today I went thrifting again. This time it wasn't the Salvation Army, it was to an independent thrift store. I was looking at the toys, when a Yellow plastic car caught my eye. The car was one of those big indestructible sandbox toys. At First I thought it was made by Gay Toys, now known as Processed Plastics. To my surprise It was manufactured by Testor Toys, the company who makes the plastic model kits. I bought their snap together C-130 Hercules today at the Grand Opening of Micheal's Art's and Crafts. The car is a Testor ToysS series No. 1000. At first I thought the car was a late 70s to early 80s Ford Mustang or a some sort of Chevrolet. Well my first hunch was right, it was a 1979 Ford Fox Body Mustang. I could tell because of the wheels that the toy had on it were the same as a real 79 Mustang. I paid $0.95 for the toy. It will make a great conversation piece.  I'll post pictures when I get my camera charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment