Thursday, August 16, 2012

How Hot Wheels Can Improve the Monster Jam Line.

  I love Hot Wheels cars. I even collect the Monster Jam trucks as well. Not all of them but ones that interest me. Now the Monster Jam line has improved a lot since Mattel got the Monster Jam license. They have improved the suspension system in the trucks, by making the wheels more bouncy and the tires bigger and eliminating the realistic 4WD turning mechanism. When you would push one of the first Monster Jam trucks, the axles would turn not making the truck go straight. That used to annoy me when I was little. I'm glad they changed that.
  Now how they can improve the line? Well one way they can do so is to stop making the Hot Wheels Original Designed trucks since they don't compete in Monster Jam. So making a truck of the Hot Wheels car Bone Shaker isn't the brightest idea if it isn't a real monster truck. Another way for improvement is to do away with the Edge Glow variations. Why should they? Well I don't think a glow in the dark monster truck is a good idea. It's just weird that they make trucks like that. Sure it attracts little kids but to an adult collector like myself I just see them as a waste of peg space. Now there is only one Mud Tracks truck I own and it is the Grave Digger pickup truck which is an accurate interpretation of the first Grave Digger made from a 1952 Ford pickup used as a mud bogger.
  Now the Travel Treads trucks are a good Idea to coincide with the haulers that they make but I don't trust a toy with removable wheels. I don't know if it will fall off when I push it. I don't have any and don't plan on owning them so doing away with them will help this line a lot. Another way this line can improve is if the made accessory packs, such as plastic cars to crush. They would be a huge seller.
  Now onto shelfwarmers. Mattel has corrected this issue a few years ago with the ridiculous amount of Grave Diggers that warmed the shelves like crazy. They have learned not to overpack certain trucks in cases. I guess you can call Grave Digger, the John Cena of monster trucks. Recently there has been a special series of Monster Jam Trucks called Then and Now, which is a 2pack of the first incarnation of a monster truck paired with it's current version. This is a cool idea which old school fans can get an original look truck with it's current look.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment