Friday, January 18, 2013

Today's Trip to The Salvation Army Thrift Store

  Today I was off of work and school and I decided to take a walk to The Salvation Army Thrift Store. I haven't been there since November if I am not mistaken. So I went in and headed to look at the toys. I immediately spotted an old Nylint steel toy truck. It was a major let down because it was broken like most of the other toys that were there. It was missing it's grille and roof. It's a shame because Nylint toys are quite collectible.
  Then I spotted an old Processed Plastics Space Shuttle Discovery. It was in Ok condition but was missing one of the discovery stickers and the tailfin was bent slightly and looked like it had bite marks on the tail. Plus the roof wouldn't stay closed so it was broken. It wasn't worth buying since there was no price tag on it.
  Next I checked the men's clothing section. I found 2 racks full of work jackets for $4.99. The jackets were mostly 2X and up in size. A downside was that these probably needed to be cleaned by an industrial washing machine the kind uniform company uses. The jackets were nice but I passed on them.
  While browsing the T-Shirt section off the bat I spotted a red Budweiser football jersey that appeared to be brand new. It was perfect. I never owned a football jersey in my entire life and thought now would be the perfect time and price to buy one. It was $2.99.
  Next I headed to look at the DVD's and CD's. There weren't any good CD's but one DVD did catch my eye. It was Leonard Part 6 one of the worst movies ever made. I was going to check the DVD to see if it was scratched at all but I didn't for some reason. Also there were a lot of VHS tapes that aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
  So that was today's thrift store excursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment