Thursday, January 17, 2013

Top 5 Matchbox Vehicles You Must Own

  I was thinking of a new post to write since I haven't bought any new action figures lately. Literally my area has nothing on the shelves that is worth buying. So yesterday I was in my attic room going through some of my Hot Wheels and Matchbox carriers and took out my Matchbox Grumman Long Life Vehicle and came up with today's post. 5 Essential Matchbox vehicles you must own. Let's begin.
It's a Grumman LLV
   1. Postal Service Delivery Truck. Ok Matchbox got the name of the vehicle wrong but that didn't stop it from being on the list. In reality those USPS trucks you see are made by Grumman and they are called a Grumman Long Life Vehicle or LLV for short. This truck was released twice in USPS livery and twice in character themed such as Mailbox from Blues Clues and a Spongebob themed truck. The USPS version is quite collectible and can fetch double digit prices. 
Checker Marathon



  2. Checker Taxi. Ok this car is the Iconic Checker Marathon taxicabs that used to roam the American Streets back in the day. You still see them in movies as they are still quite popular even though Checker Motors has been out of business since 2010 making auto parts. They stopped making Taxis in the early 1980s. You must own a yellow one.
 







Austin FX4
  3. Austin FX4 Taxi. If You're an American like me you're probably scratching your head and thinking what the heck is an Austin FX4? Give up yet? Don't feel stupid when I reveal the answer but it is the Iconic London Black taxis you see in the UK. Originally Matchbox called the car the London Taxi respectively since they probably thought Americans wouldn't recognize it by an Austin FX4.




El Segundo Police

  4. 2006 Ford Crown Victoria. Ok this car is a cop car. First released in 2006 duh. Anyway this car has been painted in a few different real police department paint schemes. The First being California Highway Patrol and another being El Segundo police. If you are wondering why El Segundo had a release was that Matchbox's parent company, Mattel is based in El Segundo California. Kids wouldn't get that reference. I highly recommend any version that is based on a real police dept.
1963 Cadillac Hearse. Notice the casket.
  5. 1963 Cadillac Hearse. Ok if there has to be one car that is really odd it has to be the 1963 Hearse. When I first heard about the 1963 Cadillac Hearse I could hardly contain myself. The hearse is so cool and very detailed. It has a casket in the back of it with what appears to my eyes to have a hand sticking out on top of it. I could be wrong but that is what I claim to see. Buy the one in Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment