Friday, September 7, 2012

My Change Jar Commitment

  I used to have a spare change jar. I still do have one but prior to my vacation it was all pennies. Pennies are a real pain in the ass. Really 99.9 percent of peoples change jars are composed of pennies. I don't really know that's just my guesstimate. So after my vacation in NJ I decided to start my change jar again. I gave myself a strict set of rules. Once I break a Dollar I don't use any of the coins at all. I then put them in my big pretzel jar. I'm setting a goal where I don't use any coins so i can save them for something I want. I used to have a bad habit of spending the quarters nickels and dimes instead of the dollar bills in my wallet. So I have a solution for my coin problem.
  Starting a coin jar is a great way to save money in my opinion. You can set a goal and aim towards that goal. It will add up if you commit to it. Trust me it is working for me.
  What you'll need.
  Old pretzel jar.
  Spare change.

No comments:

Post a Comment