Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Last 2012 Kmart Collector Day Didn't Suck This Time

  As you may already know, I wasn't to happy with the first Kmart Collector Day of 2012. The second Kmart Collector Day which is today 9/15/2012 wasn't bad at all but not by much. I was a tad bit disappointed that they're wasn't any Chevrolet SS's at all. I was hoping I could get one because none of the stores in my area even got that wave. I refuse to buy them online. I hate scalpers they ruin collecting at other people's expense. Anyway I got to Kmart on my lunch break around 12:15ish around the same time I was at the first one. Usually at the last Kmart Collector Day of the year, they will have some of next years New Models. To my surprise there were none 2013 New Models. What a let down. There were a few 2013 segment series cars with updated packaging for the upcoming model year.
  I didn't leave Kmart empty handed. I found 2 new 2012 New Models. One was Minion Pig from Angry Birds, and the other was a Custom '71 El Camino designed by Team Hot Wheels and GM. I'll admit I am not an Angry Birds fan at all. My phone isn't even a touchscreen phone. The reason why I bought the 2 Angry Birds cars this year was due to them being an oddity and also a licensed product. I know I know I broken my oath of never buying a non street vehicle Hot Wheels car ever again unless it's a Treasure Hunt car. I highly recommend the Red Bird and Minion Pig cars. Get them before the collectors grab them up. On a non Hot Wheels finding at Kmart, I found WWE Basic Series 19 on the pegs at my Kmart. So I looked to see if Hornswoggle was still there or if a scalper got to it yet. It was my Lucky day, Hornswoggle was there so I bought that as well. I also collect Mattel WWE figures.
   So other than the ups and downs of the last 2012 Kmart Collector's Day, I'd have to say it was a great day for me. Even though there wasn't a good selection of Kmart exclusive colors New Models or 2013 New Models, this one didn't suck like the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment