Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Hate It When People Don't Take Down Election Signs

Slimmer For President
  The day after every single election is one of those days where campaign workers should get to work picking up campaign signs whether their candidate won or lost. It really grinds my gears to see these signs littering the roadside. The election is over take them down for crying out loud. I guess people have other priorities than to take down signs.
  This doesn't only bother me, it also annoys my mom. I late friend once had a gripe about people who didn't take their garage sale signs down after their garage sale was over. Where has all of the common sense gone today? Remember the rule when you were younger Put it Back when you are done with it? Well I am going to remix this rule. Take It down when the election is over. I believe that there should be some law enacted that you if you don't take your signs down a week after the election, you will get a fine of $200 for every 20 left up somewhere. The incumbent's or newly elected would only have to pay a $25 fine.
  There's a reason that Maine has no billboards anywhere. It's against the law there to have billboards. I don't know the exact details of it but I sure do like it. Election signs are also a driving distraction that can cause accidents. Yes accidents. So If you are running for office, take down your signs after the election.

No comments:

Post a Comment