Monday, February 11, 2013

Ertl Pressed Steel Semi Truck



  Today I received a package in the mail from a friend of my family. Her husband used to work for Nabisco many years ago and had this old Cream of Wheat truck sitting in their basement collecting dust. My friend knows how much I love trucks especially semi trucks, she sent me this Ertl Cream of Wheat truck.
  At first I thought the truck was a Nylint toy truck because I used to have one made them with the  Pillsbury Doughboy on the trailer that made noise when I was around 9 years old. I sure miss that toy
   The truck is made out of pressed steel and has some minor condition issues but isn't something I'll lose sleep over. These trucks are hard to come across nowadays since Ertl no longer makes pressed steel trucks.
  The truck appears to be modeled after a 1980s International cabover semi truck. I like International trucks and I especially love seeing cabover trucks because they are very uncommon on the highways today.
Looks like the grille of an International

  This truck will be an excellent addition to my diecast collection.
Side View

No comments:

Post a Comment