Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Greenlight Collectables Charlie's Police Cruiser Review

MOC
  Today I received my Greenlight Collectables 1:18 scale 2008 Ford Crown Victoria Police car from the movie Twilight. I am a big fan of Billy Burke's character in Twilight, Officer Charlie Swan. Now the car is my first 1:18 Scale diecast. It was waiting very anxiously today for it to arrive at my doorstep. The car is unlike an actual Forks, Washington police car due to the real ones are white and not blue. I guess the Hollywood producers weren't allowed to use a real Forks Police car.
  Now that I explained the difference between the actual cars and the movie version, It's time for the review. The car is very detailed down to the license plates which read 763-LHC. Below is a picture of the car in the movie which shows the license plate.
                                                                                   The Ford Crown Victoria has 4 opening doors and an opening hood and trunk. My biggest pet peeve about it is that the trunk lacks the police gear that is found in a typical car, such as a Remington 870 Shotgun. I got sidetracked a little bit.
  As for articulation the car's front wheels do turn.
Interceptor  
  Under the hood is the Ford Interceptor engine. Which is pretty detailed. and is black in color.







   Now the the trunk.... Just has a spare tire and nothing else. You can't remove the spare tire.












Side View.




   Final Thoughts. Well this car is AWESOME. It's the best cop car I have ever bought. This tops any Jada, or Road Champs Police car ever made. Who should buy this? Well My best recommendation is guys who were dragged to see Twilight by their wives/girlfriends. Movie car buffs also should get this because its unique and stands out in your collection. This car doesn't come cheap. You can't get it less than $60 and it's only in 1:18 scale which sucks for collectors of 1:64 and 1:43 and 1:24. Greenlight Collectibles also made Bella's 1963 Chevrolet Truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment