Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Born This Way Deluxe Edition Review

 On May 23rd I bought the deluxe edition of Lady Gaga's new album Born This Way and I have to say that this has to be her best work yet. Now we all know by now that the deluxe edition is no longer a Target exclusive so you can get this album anywhere. The standard edition of Born This Way has 14 songs. The deluxe edition has 17 songs plus a bonus disc with 5 remixes bringing the total to 22 songs.
The SE of Born This Way
The DE looks much cooler and Badass.
  1. The Artwork. The artwork for the deluxe edition is different from the standard edition. (From now on I am getting tired of typing deluxe edition and standard edition and I will be abbreviate them DE and SE for short.) The DE's artwork is Lady Gaga's head that is implanted on the motorcycle only zoomed to show her head. In addition the DE says Lady Gaga Born This Way on it compared to the SE with just Born This Way and Lady Gaga implanted on a motorcycle. If I had to pick a favorite cover I would have to go with the DE cover because it just looks so badass.
  2. The songs. The three bonus songs on disc one of the DE are Black Jesus+ Amen Fashion, Fashion of His Love, and The Queen. The album's five singles, are Born This Way, Judas, The Edge of Glory, You And I, and Marry the Night. It's a shame that Judas flopped. I was very disappointed to not hear it on the radio often as much as the other two singles. Back to the review I got a little bit sidetracked. I am not going to review the songs one by one just to let you know. The songs vary in sound from, some having a Nine Inch Nails industrial sound to a Mexican sound to an opera opening in Government Hooker. The sound of this album is different from her previous albums, The Fame and The Fame Monster. 3 of the songs are censored.in the DE, the songs that are censored are, Government Hooker which I believe is intentionally censored the other two censored songs are Bad Kids and The Queen. Now the remixes on Disc 2 are your typical Lady Gaga remixes, with the exception to the Born This Way Country Road version, where Born This Way is sung in a country tune and some of the lyrics are changed.
   3. My Opinion of Born This Way. I loved Born This Way. You can even say I went gaga over it. Excuse the pun. This is even more epic album over The Fame and The Fame Monster, heck it's even more epic than The Remix. This album is her best yet. If you know or follow Hess trucks you probably know the slogan The Hess truck is back and it's better than ever. Well I will modify that. The Lady Gaga album is back and it's better than ever. I especially love the fact that Lady Gaga had an industrial influence in making this album. After all Nine Inch Nails is one of her influences. I wonder what Trent Reznor would think of this album. The only dislike I have is the fact that 3 songs are censored. I hate censorship. I guess Lady Gaga is afraid of a parental advisory label on her album artwork or it is her label's fault. I would highly recommend Born This Way deluxe edition to any little monster out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment