Monday, May 30, 2011

The Top 10 Worst WWE Entrance Themes

  Whenever I play a Smackdown Vs Raw game I like to hear a wrestler's entrance theme. Some of them are pretty bad and unfitting at the same time. Here are the top 10 worst WWE entrance themes of current or former Superstars and Divas.
   10 Mickie James- Obsession composed by Jim Johnston. I have nothing bad to say about the greatest wrestling music composer of all time here. I love his music. But the theme he composed for the former WWE diva Mickie James has a comical sound to it. Her theme is titled Obsession and it should be used far far away from the wrestling ring. As a matter of fact this theme should be used for videos of fat people falling or any type of fail video. The beat of the music gives it the humor for a theme for someone who is a klutz.
   9.  Melina- Paparazzi composed by Jim Johnston. Again I am not bashing Jim Johnston here. Just the title of Melina Perez's theme song is misleading. If your song is called Paparazzi, shouldn't you use Lady Gaga instead? The instrumental version of Lady Gaga's Paparazzi would be more fitting than the unrelated one that Melina has. If you have played as Melina on a Smackdown Vs Raw game you would have probably noticed that Melina's entrance moves have paparazzi photographing her. I know that it is all part of her act but I think that Lady Gaga would be a better choice for Melina's theme because the lyrics would make sense with the chasing her down etc. 
   8. R-Truth- What's Up- performed by R-Truth. If there has to be a more repetitious and or nauseating songs in the world next to Friday by Rebecca Black, R-Truth would win. This song has to be the worst song ever. 97% of the lyrics contain What's Up. I hope R-Truth doesn't release a rap album because frankly my dear this song sucks. Reason number one is that it is annoying. Reason number two is that it is practically the same verse over and over time and again. This song actually gives me a headache more than an autotuned song.
   7.  William Regal- 7th Theme Royalty performed by Unknown. If there has to be a theme where a wrestler is portrayed as a stereotypical British snob who is of royalty here is your theme. The title of this theme is dubbed Royalty by fans and it's composer is unknown. Coming in at number 7 this theme does make it on my list of the worst entrance themes. Why you may ask? I think the music itself is very unfitting for a wrestling entrance theme. This music makes the wrestler look like a spoiled little bitch brat. I wouldn't take this theme seriously because of the nature of the music because gives the wrestler a weak look like he's a pansy. If William and Kate were pro wrestlers this theme would be for them.
   6. Kofi Kingston- S.O.S. performed by Collie Buddz. There's nothing more funny than a theme about a Jamaican who is actually played by a person who is from Ghana. That spells FAIL right there alone. Now on to the theme. Just like R-Truth's theme this one is also repetitious. SOS is repeated a million times throughout the song not to mention the auto tune. I hate auto tune so much it actually gives me a headache. This theme is so bad at playing a reggae theme that Inner Circle who does the Bad Boys song for COPS would be better fitting because it is not autotuned to death. And while I'm at it I don't buy Kofi Kingston's Jamaican bit whatsoever. I do know that WWE is scripted by the way.
   5. John Cena- My Time is Now performed by John Cena and Tha Trademarc. Here's another entrance theme performed by the wrestler and his cousin. Before I go anywhere further I would like to admit that I have the album and I actually liked it even though I don't care for rap. The reason for this being on the list doesn't have to do with the fact that it is a bad theme, it's here because it is censored. If you have seen John Cena's album in a music store, you probably noticed a clean version and a parental advisory version. You're probably asking yourself why am I complaining about a clean album when I can go buy a uncensored one. That's not the point. The point that I am making is that John Cena appeals to preschoolers and kindergarten students so that is why there the censored version is more abundant. You guessed it, The censored version is made for his entrance theme. Here is the uncensored version.
   4. Jimmy Wang Yang- Gonna Punch Someone Tonight performed by David Church. Asian rednecks aren't something that we think of everyday if not ever. So Redneck+ Asian= FAIL. Yeah an Asian redneck gimmick isn't good for professional wrestling It's good for TNA where all the washed up wrestlers go. There are just no other words to describe this piece of crap.
   3. Big Boss Man- Cell Block composed by Jim Johnston. I love Big Boss Man and may he rest in piece. Sorry for The Undertaker pun I couldn't resist. Cell Block is a theme that is cool but very unfitting. I think that Bad Boys the theme from COPS would be more appropriate for a prison guard gimmick. Something that is very law enforcement related music would be more appropriate than this. I like the song but it doesn't fit the corrections officer motif.
   2. Triple H- Blue Blood by unknown. Triple H's first theme is similar to William Regal's theme in sound and in nature. It also makes you go What were they thinking when they made this? If you look at this and compare it to his current theme by Motorhead you want to know how they went from this theme to Motorhead. That is a huge leap in style. Triple H is supposed to be a king of some sort and his first theme is very royal sounding but it is a totally inappropriate theme for a wrestler. 
   1. Yoshi Tatsu- J Pop Drop performed by Tom Haines and Christopher Branch.  This theme is very unfitting for a WWE superstar regardless of if they are from Japan or not. This theme is more unfitting than the Partyboy song from Jackass. I mean this song is better off for a Chippendale. This song is very comical and is considered to be a joke by my taste. I like the song and I think that it is catchy but it is a terrible wrestling theme that takes the number one spot on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment