Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Worst Action Figure Line Ever

  Today I was in Ollie's Bargain Outlet while my mom was in the grocery store nearby. I was looking in the toy department to see if they still had any of the Mattel The Dark Knight Movie Masters Two-Face figures. Sadly, I couldn't find any. While looking for Two-Face, I happened to stumble across a weird action figure, from a toyline called Bibleman. I have heard of this crappy Christian themed superhero TV show before but never saw it. The action figure was of Luxor Spawndroth. Who I assume is a villain based on his looks. What is funny about seeing this toy was that it was from 2002! This makes me wonder how badly this toyline was a shelfwarmer. The figure was $2.99. I didn't buy it but looking at the carding there was another figure in the series that looked like it would make an excellent custom Kharma action figure. That figure was Bible Girl. Sadly Luxor Spawndroth was the only one they had. Aw shucks. Judging by the figure, it looked like it had little articulation in the legs. Also the figure looks like a the child of Darth Vader without his helmet and Cyborg from Teen Titans. This also begs the question, what store would order these toys? I don't remember ever seeing them on shelves of stores in 2002. My best guess would have to be Christian stores. I did look these up online and found that you can buy these action figures pretty cheap. That's probably because nobody wants them to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment