Sunday, July 8, 2012

I Saw My Dream Car

  Today was a very great day for me. I got to see my dream car up and personal. Near my place of employment there was a car show and naturally I went there on my lunch. At the car show I nearly had a stroke seeing my dream car, a Stutz Blackhawk. It was a 1975 model once owned by Johnnie Taylor. The Stutz Blackhawk was stunning. I was blown away looking at it. I even got to talk to the nice lady who owned the car. We had a pleasant conversation about the Stutz. I was even more stoked when I saw that the car had the OEM Stutz keys. You can't even get those anymore. The interior was superb much more luxurious than cars today. It even had a bar in the back seat. The owner said the car is going to a museum that she didn't name. It was a great car that I finally got to see in person. Here is a link to the car from the Stutz Registry
http://www.madle.org/ebh75jt.htm

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the Stutz Blackhawk is one of the most stunning vintage cars I've ever seen. If I'm not mistaken, the first artist I knew who drove the 1975 model of Stutz Blackhawk was Elvis Presley.

    Junior Perrera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it was Elvis Presley's first car, Junior. :) The Duesenberg was supposed to be his first car, if I'm not mistaken. He ordered one, but unfortunately, production never started so he bought the Stutz Blackhawk, instead.

      Leisa Dreps

      Delete