Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Never Get Keys Cut at Lowes

  I have a word of advice for you. Never get your keys duplicated at Lowes. Why? Well for one reason is that their Axxess+ key machine doesn't cut your key right at all. We recently had to replace our lock and deadbolt for our garage, we bought the lockset and deadbolt at Lowes and got the OEM Schlage key duplicated for my dad my mom, my brother and myself. The original keys work fine but the ones we got at Lowes don't work at all in the deadbolt. They would turn but not all of the way. We went back to Lowes to tell them about our problem and they cut us new keys. They didn't work in the deadbolt any better than the first ones we got cut. I know that we should have gone to the local locksmith to get them made. So we went to the locksmith today and I told him the problem about the ones we got made at Lowes. The guy smiled as if he knew about Lowes keys not working right. This guy was a pro and our keys actually work this time. So long story short don't get keys made at Lowes

No comments:

Post a Comment